University College of Dublin
UCD Archives is a component of the UCD School of History and Archives formed in September 2005 by merging the former Department of Archives and the School of History as part of a strategic restructuring within the university.
UCD Archives core function is the curatorship of the the archives of the university and the significant institutions which predated its foundation; and of those outstanding collections of private papers and institutional archives acquired and preserved to help document the movement for national independence and the political and cultural development of the modern Irish state.
Records of predecessor institutions of the university include the Catholic University of Ireland, 1854–1911; the Royal College of Science for Ireland, 1867–1926; the Museum of Irish Industry, 1846–47; Albert Agricultural College, 1838–1926; and the Royal Veterinary College of Ireland, 1900–60.
Major private and institutional collections include the papers of Frank Aiken, John A. Costello, the Cumann na nGaedheal and Fine Gael Parties, the Fianna Fáil Party, Desmond FitzGerald, T.M. Healy, Hugh Kennedy, Sean MacEntee, Sean MacEoin, Patrick McGilligan, Mary and Terence MacSwiney, Richard Mulcahy, Daniel O'Connell, Cearbhall Ó Dálaigh, Ernie O'Malley, and Eamon de Valera.
UCD Archives also curates the renowned collection of Gaelic manuscripts, designated Franciscan A MSS, 11th–20th centuries, formerly housed in the Franciscan Library Killiney Includes the Martyrology of Tallaght [fragment of the Book of Leinster], the Annals of the Four Masters, the Psalter of St. Caimin and the Liber Hymnorum.
For more detailed information on UCD Archives holdings go to: